Company general information:
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
We are excited to be transforming into a mobility company focusing on bringing even more happiness to our customers through various mobility solutions.
TME Safety & Health Division is responsible to deploy the Toyota Safety Management System across all operations in Europe and to further strengthen the Corporate Safety Culture across all business units towards our zero accident objective.
The Internal Service for Prevention & Protection at Work takes on that role towards the 4 sites in Belgium (Evere, Zaventem, Zeebrugge & Diest)
You are a driver of Health and Safety in Toyota’s Parts Center Warehouse in Diest.
You report into the Lead of the Technical Working Unit (Toyota Parts Center Europe – Diest)
You make H&S visible and vibrant, and you carry out relevant checks together with operational management. You have a diverse range of tasks:
- Making daily rounds and periodic audits
- Drawing up prevention measures and monitoring application
- Providing advise on wellbeing domains such as workplace safety and hygiene
- Following-up and investigating all occupational accidents and incidents
- Ensuring that the safety regulations are followed by internal and external parties
- Participating in drawing up and maintaining a dynamic risk management system
- Drawing up risk analyses and being involved in commissioning into service
- Supervising the application of H&S regulations, work instructions and reception in the warehouse
- Following up the KPIs laid down
- Screening new products – chemical products
- Participate in the emergency planning (intervention teams, organising exercises (evacuation exercises and simulation exercises) – to be checked
- Working together with operational management towards a good H&S
- Working together with ESPP and ESPP related activities
- You can demonstrate relevant experience as a prevention advisor, preferably within a large organization;
- You want to develop your leadership capabilities;
- You like to work within a team, have a sense of organization and like to take initiative;
- You are eager to learn and evolve in a motivating environment;
- You master the computer tools;
- You converse and work easily in Dutch and English;
- You are someone who can function effectively both independently and in a group
- You work orderly and accurately. What's more, you are a "roll up your sleeves" type and you communicate easily;
- You have a Prevention Advisor level 1 degree or are willing to obtain this short term;
- Having expertise in the field of Warehousing is a plus;
- Masters degree or equivalent experience.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Courage: you are ready to let go of the easy path to reach challenging targets
- Collaboration: you are a team player, respectful and inclusive in your style and you take a customer-oriented approach
- Creativity: your passion drives you to explore innovative ideas and challenge the impossible
- Curiosity: you combine imagination and fact-based observation
- Coaching: you share knowledge and feedback with your colleagues and celebrate each other’s success
Place of employment:
- Belgium - Diest : Toyota Parts Center Europe
We offer a dynamic multicultural work environment and the opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team where collaboration, creativity, courage, and curiosity play an important role. You will be working on exciting projects and benefit from a thorough on the job development, coaching and training.
Your commitment will be rewarded with a comprehensive renumeration package, including a bonus scheme and interesting extra-legal benefits. We provide flexibility to take care of both your career and your personal life by providing hybrid work environment with structural possibility to both work from home & collaborate in the office. You can also take your work abroad for up to 20 days/year.
At Toyota Motor Europe, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all. All of our recruitment decisions are based on the individual and their qualifications along with the job requirements. The selection process is without regard to nationality, gender, age, ethnicity or disability. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination as our individual experiences and overall diversity is our key strength. Together we have the power to make a positive change and go beyond the ordinary.
If you need any specific consideration for the interview process due to disability or any other reason, please let the recruiter know.