Ready to shape a tasty future together?
“Shaping a tasty future”, with passion for taste & indulgence: that makes working at Vandemoortele attractive. You will get all the chances to grow within a people oriented and value driven environment, where cooperation, respect and ambition are key. We believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. The main scope of this role is Central and Eastern Europe and UK.
Your key responsibilities?
- Help to identify risks in the workplace related to labour safety, occupational health & mental wellbeing.
- Analyse incidents, near misses (Root Cause Analysis) and propose sound and sustainable corrective actions.
- Manage HSE on multiple site level in cooperation with local management as to guarantee compliance with EU and National rules & regulations, group policies & procedures.
- Collect, manage HSE data from production sites for consolidated KPI reporting purposes.
- Improve safety and health by promoting and recommending preventive and/or protective means in process installations, machinery, and workplace lay-outs.
- Develop and perform specific HSE training sessions (technical & behavioural)
- Support the sites in implementing the group brain-based safety improvement programs.
- Organize and perform internal cross audits and ensure continuous improvement of the HSE management systems in place.
- Participate as Group Expert in third party HSE and Fire safety audits.
- Assist, recommend, and approve HSE related capex during the pre-project phase.
- Share and propose new working methods, best available techniques, and issues “best practices” reports.
What’s in it for you?
- A great work-experience: We offer you challenging work with a great purpose in an international company having a dynamic, driven and ambitious culture and a collegial atmosphere.
- A people oriented organisation: You will have flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home. We offer lots of training opportunities and an exciting professional journey within our company.
Are you the one we're looking for?
- You hold a master’s degree in exact science with additional specialization in Safety (e.g. Belgium; Preventie-adviseur - level 1) and Environment (e.g. Belgium; Milieu-coordinator - level A) or you hold a master degree in safety engineering and/or environment.
- You have a fluent knowledge of English. Additional knowledge of German, Polish or Dutch is a plus.
- You have a very good knowledge of all MS Office applications and preferably of SharePoint.
- You are a team player and a good communicator, inspirator, mentor and ambassador.
- You have good educational skills (train the trainer).
More about Vandemoortele
Vandemoortele is a leading European food group that produces and sells high-quality food products. We focus on innovation and prioritize sustainability by committing to three goals: balanced nutrition, protecting nature and enhancing lives.
Vandemoortele has two divisions: one for frozen bakery products and one for margarines, culinary oils, and fats. We continued to grow and develop: The Vandemoortele Group is now present in 12 European countries with ca 4600 employees, achieving revenues of ca 1.74 billion euros in 2022. The Vandemoortele HQ are located in our Food Experience Center in Ghent, where our passion for good taste and enjoying food comes to life. Let us show you around! video