Join the resource revolution at Veolia and become part of an international leader for ecological transformation. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, VEOLIA has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution! In 2022, with nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Veolia Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and replenish them.
Veolia Water Technologies and Solutions (VWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. VWTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary / Purpose
The Plant EHS Coordinator reports directly to the Plant manager and is responsible to ensure that the Herentals, Seveso High tier, site meets all European, Belgian, Flemish and Veolia-corporate regulations and requirements with regards to safety, health and environment.
The Plant EHS Coordinator maintains and develops the current management systems (ISO 9001 & 14001, Veolia Framework) and will be responsible for the practical implementation and delivery of EHS legislation, policy, strategy and objectives.
As EHS responsible you lead the workforce in meeting company EHS goals and objectives.
- Monitoring compliance with laws and company's EHS procedures and implemented requirements.
- Be compliant with the Seveso requirements and documentations: SWA-VR, O-VR, inspections of officials.
- Follow up all site expansion projects with a strong focus on process safety management.
- Drive & support the implementation of Safety- and Environmental Management Systems.
- Advice from a Health, Safety and Environmental perspective in new projects, processes and installations being developed for the Herentals site.
- Lead Safety Meetings, Risk Assessments, Safety Walks / Inspections, Kick-Off meetings.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, near misses, concerns and unsafe conditions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing guidelines and/or Veolia programs at the Herentals Plant.
- Keep track of all upcoming legislation and advice site leadership on actions to remain compliant.
- Ensure that the Herentals Site meets all the Belgian, Flemish and corporate requirements for safety and environmental related affairs including the necessary permits.
- Ensure that the Intervention Plan is kept up to date and have regular contacts hereabout with the local authorities.
- Day-to-day interface with operators to promote safety programs and accident prevention.
- Holder of a certificate of prevention advisor level 1 and environmental coordinator A (or willing to follow a course with a view to obtaining the aforementioned certificates)
- Experience with Seveso regulations and ISO audits
- 5 years relevant experience in EHS (both environmental and health & safety related), preferably in the chemical industry
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Pro-active behaviour & communication towards local authorities
- Excellent communication skills towards all levels within the organization
- Excellent administrative, software & planning skills
- Process minded & procedure driven and capable of driving the implementation of projects and programs
What we offer
- Attractive & competitive salary package
- Health insurance and group insurance package
- Meal vouchers
- Internet and telework allowance
- Smartphone with subscription
- 12 ADV days
- Flexible working hours
- Bike leaseplan
- Double transportation allowance
- Possibility to start an international career
- Solid internal and external training within a global international organization