What will your working day look like?
As a IWS process safety specialist with a focus on process safety (80%) and to a lesser extent on Employee Health and Safety (20%), no two days are the same at Indaver, as you work for the entire IWS (Industrial Waste Services) business line, at different sites, each with its own installation(s) and projects. You will support operational teams on the existing plants and collaborate on projects and MoCs. You establish the frameworks within which the waste facilities operate safely. You will prepare risk analyses (HAZOP/LOPA), and ensure that installations comply with safety directives such as the ATEX and Machinery Directives, etc.. You provide an appropriate safety training programme and can train colleagues 'on the job'.
What will be your biggest challenge?
You can quickly master the safety aspects related to the industrial, chemical and technical process of our plants. So that you become our in-house safety specialist for process engineering within IWS. You share your safety knowledge widely with colleagues. You therefore stand firm and can defend your decisions with arguments. You are communicative and work smoothly with colleagues with different levels of education. You have a practical and solution-oriented approach to your work, you are flexible and you enjoy working in different locations within Europe.
How will you make a difference?
- You have a chemical and/or technical education
- Bachelor/Master thinking level
- You have at least five years of work experience within the process industry
- You have demonstrable leadership qualities
- You have very good knowledge of the HAZOP methodology, and Seveso legislation and the Machinery Directive hold no secrets for you
- You have good knowledge of Dutch and English; knowledge of French and/or German is a plus.
- Travelling is not a problem for you.
What do we offer you?
- An exciting and varied job with plenty of responsibility
- Feeling good every day by contributing to a sustainable future
- The opportunity to develop further; we like to invest in our colleagues
- A good work-life balance.
- Working partly from home is possible.
Where will you be working?
Indaver is an international waste treatment and management company committed to a sustainable circular future. It extracts new raw materials and energy from waste streams. Hazardous components are destroyed in order to keep the materials cycle safe.
You will join a team of dedicated, ambitious colleagues who attach great importance to satisfied customers, open communication and a respectful working atmosphere.